a month ago
910 Industrial St, PO Box 201
Hopewell, Virginia, 23860
WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
IT Manager – Hopewell, VA
FLEXIBLE WORK FROM HOME SCHEDULES AVAILABLE!!
The IT Manager position: provides technological and engineering expertise for the implementation of new IT/OT technology and equipment; evaluates and resolves problems with existing IT/OT systems utilizing vendor and/or mill maintenance support when necessary; designs and programs changes to the existing OT systems as needed. This position ensures the IT/OT systems are properly deployed to provide the greatest return on investment regarding production, costs, quality as well as safe and environmentally sound operations.
The IT Manager reports to the Process Control Manager.
How you will impact WestRock:
• Responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting the IT/OT infrastructure that supports Process Control Systems. This includes Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s), as well as custom control applications used to meet manufacturing needs and production goals.
• Assists project engineers and managers in the planning, development, and implementation of capital projects.
• Engages in development of short and long-term planning of system upgrades and migrations.
• During project design, assists with coordinating the development of system and network requirements with process control engineers, operating departments, and control system suppliers. Participate in factory checkout of equipment prior to delivery to confirm design and functionality.
• Provide documentation of IT/OT systems.
• Maintains a strong emphasis on IT/OT improvement projects -- customer focused innovations, cost saving improvements, process optimization, etc.
• Utilizes a proactive approach and project skills to develop solutions to short- and long-term issues.
• Works closely with Process Control, Maintenance, and Operations to identify and resolve issues.
• Leads troubleshooting efforts of systems and processes. Helps promote technical skills with key stakeholders.
• Coordinate with WestRock Corporate IT and Engineering & Manufacturing Services to implement policies and infrastructure improvements.
• As part of the Process Control & IT team, shares in the responsibility of providing weekend and off-hour availability to support Process Control and IT mill needs as well as startup support from planned and unplanned shutdowns.
• Adheres to all mill safety rules, participates in or may lead safety programs and meetings with the goal of improving safety at the mill. Supports the mill behavior-based safety program.
• Maintains mill-wide data historian (OSISoft Pi) and related interfaces.
• Evaluates, troubleshoots, and maintains system hardware.
• Support of 3rd Party vendor system access in adherence with corporate policy
• Perform other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
• B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related fields.
• Minimum of five years of industrial experience in IT/OT preferred with degree or 10 years plus of IT experience in enterprise-class environments would be required with two-year degree or equivalent military experience.
• Experience with manufacturing environments
• Ability to research and learn new technologies at a rapid pace with exceptional problem-solving skills.
• Experience with VMware vSphere 5.5+ including ESXi, vCenter, Horizon View and other virtualization solutions.
• Knowledge of networking concepts such as subnetting, routing, VLANs, wireless, Firewalls/ACLs, and common protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SSH, NTP, SMTP, TELNET, RDP.
• Cisco experience required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Services such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, etc.
• Experience with Anti-Virus products such as McAfee and Symantec
• Experience with HPE BladeSystems, HPE Storage Arrays, Fibre Channel, and iSCSI required.
• Familiarity with various server hardware vendors such as HP, Dell, PureStorage, etc.
• Experience with VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) environments utilizing Thin/Zero clients and management of these systems.
• Expertise with all Windows operating systems (Server and Workstation)
• Ability to build/image/support desktops and laptops in both IT & OT environments
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office365 application suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Access, Teams, Sharepoint, OneDrive, etc.)
• Knowledge of legacy telephony and modern VOIP sytems
• Experience with support of printers
• Ability to support other devices such as Vehicle Mounted Units (VMUs), Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS), and Cameras
• Knowledge of system monitoring software and protocols involved (PING, SNMP, WMI, etc.)
• Understanding of Industrial Communication Protocols such as ModbusTCP, Ethernet/IP, OPC, WirelessHART, etc.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Results oriented individual capable of handling projects individually, yet able to work efficiently in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to read and understand P&ID’s loop sheets, and electrical drawings.
• Additional skills needed: self-directed, flexible, self-learner, multitasking, results driven, safety focused.
What we offer:
• Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence.
• Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
• An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential.
• A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.