a month ago
Part Time Maintenance Tech
Part Time Maintenance Tech
51 Independence Drive
Devens, Massachusetts, 01434
Maintenance Tech – Part-time (M-F or Weekends) Opportunity!
Opportunity summary: The Maintenance Tech (Part-time, M-F or Weekends) primary duties include safely performing routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures on electrical and mechanical systems involving production equipment and plant systems, including the plant’s main power supply system.
Our facility is looking for a dynamic and motivated part-time Maintenance Tech (M-F or Weekends) to join our team. This is a great opportunity for those who need extra income or the flexibility to work for a company that is high-paced, and a dynamic, diverse, and professional work environment. We currently have the following shifts available to add to our team:
Part Time Position – chose from 4, or 6-hr shifts (up to 28 hours per week). Available shift times vary – pay for this position depends on your skill set.
How you will impact WestRock
· Through extensive learning and development, you will become a critical player in ensuring all facilities and equipment are in safe operating condition by performing minor and major repair(s) of buildings and production machinery.
· Repairing electrical equipment/systems and control circuits; and replacing faulty electrical equipment as needed. This troubleshooting element is inclusive of Three Phase Motors and Programmable Logical Controls (PLC) applications.
· Calibrating and repairing pneumatic systems and other mechanical systems on production equipment to assure optimum performance of that production process.
What you need to succeed
· High school diploma or equivalent; military training and/or technical school preferred, but not required.
· A strong commitment to working safe.
· A mechanical aptitude and interest, and a natural inquisitiveness to learn more.
· Initiative and willingness to seek knowledge from others and apply your learnings by rolling up your sleeves.
· Preferred knowledge: a basic understanding of NFPA 70E standards and be capable of applying these standards in the work situation; and a basic understanding of relay logic and be capable of applying this knowledge in the troubleshooting of the PLC’s in the production equipment.
· Preferred experience: electro-mechanical automation system installation and troubleshooting of industrial/manufacturing equipment; operational knowledge of automated industrial machinery which includes: motors, servos, pumps, drives, relays, 3-phase power, communication devices, industrial / electronic controls and power transmission systems.
Here are a few employee perks:
· We offer a competitive starting wage for maintenance techs – one of the highest hourly wages for part-time work. Perfect for those looking to swap careers, active students, and/or working parents who need flexibility so you can build an enjoyable quality of life with financial freedom.
· We will pay you to learn! WestRock will offer the right candidate a healthy mix of formal (100% company-paid) classroom training and certifications, on-the-job training in industrial maintenance and troubleshooting, and strong mentorship pairings that will ensure your success in building a long-lasting career in industrial reliability and maintenance.
· Invest in your future through our generous 401(k) Retirement Savings Program and Employee Stock Purchase Plan, utilize EAP for help with legal, financial, and mental health matters.
· Employee discounts on eligible vehicles, household good items, mobile services, hotels, vehicle rentals, computers, and entertainment!