a month ago
QA Tech - 2nd Shift
QA Tech - 2nd Shift
13 West Fourth St
Holland, Michigan, 49423
GENERAL PURPOSE: Assist Quality Manager on QS development and implementation. Perform testing and release activities in the operation, maintain quality records and develop test/inspection protocol pre-production.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs in-process inspections and advises Operations on status of jobs verbally or in writing.
Determines acceptability of product and initiates action for handling of nonconforming product.
Performs quality control outgoing assessment of customer samples, product, and quality records.
Conducts final inspection and batch/ticket reviews.
Completes final sample inspection and analysis as required.
Trains and monitors the work of ad hoc temporary inspectors.
Maintains internal customer quality records.
Performs quality inspections of nonconforming internal and external product.
Provides training on quality systems as required.
Completes all ISO forms and quality checks for each job in a timely and accurate manner.
Assists in document training.
Completes monthly safety audits of fire protection equipment.
Performs job duties in accordance with all federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
Performs other job duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.).
- Must have previous QC/Inspection experience in a printing/packaging operation is desired.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to use precision testing instruments including micrometers, calipers, densitometers, and opening force testers.
- Must be able to perform basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must have understanding of and be able to apply basic statistical sampling and acceptable quality level concepts.
Must have basic personal computer skills including email, and word processing.
Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the workforce.
- Must be reliable and dependable
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.