$77,000 - $100,000 Per Year
a month ago
Supervisory Loan Specialist (Agricultural)
This position is located in the Farm Service Agency, Caribbean Area Office, located in Lares, Puerto Rico. Relocation Incentives and Relocation Expenses may be authorized.
- Serves as the Service Center technical authority on the Farm Loan Programs and the primary point-of-contact on all farm loan issues addressed in the counties serviced.
- Supervises and directs the work of a subordinate staff responsible for making, servicing, and liquidating loans under FSA farm loan authorities.
- Has delegated loan approval authority and performs the full range of loan specialist duties.
- Attends public meetings with various groups and associations, and performs public relations and outreach efforts in the geographic areas serviced.
- Applies knowledge of the technical and administrative concepts, principles, and practices of farm loan and financial management.
- Applies knowledge of farm operations, land use and value, and production and marketing of various crops and livestock.
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including time-in-grade restrictions, specialized experience and selective placement factors, as defined below. For the GS-12 level: One full-time year of specialized work experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service or private sector equivalent that demonstrated competence in agricultural loans by reviewing and passing upon applications for various kinds of agricultural operations representing all types of ownership (i.e., single owner, partnerships, and corporations, etc.); and servicing an agricultural loan portfolio of a bank or other loan association. In addition, a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the technicalities of farm financing and credit; farm operations, land use and value, production of various crops and livestock, and prices and markets in the farming area where loans are made and serviced. Time in grade: Current federal employees applying for a promotion opportunity must meet time-in-grade (TIG) requirement of 52 weeks of service at the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the position being filled. Mandatory Selective Placement Factors: Must possess or have had possessed Agricultural Loan Approval Authority. Must be proficient in reading, understanding, writing and speaking both Spanish and English Languages. For more information on the qualifications for this position, click here: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-admin.asp
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.