a month ago
Warehouse Operator's at Victory Packaging located at 355 Maple St, Bellingham, MA 02019 are responsible for all phases of assembling materials for customer orders, receiving new and returned product, and maintaining safety and quality standards within the warehouse.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Forklift Certified
- One or more year(s) experience as warehouse clerk preferred
- Fluency in English required, verbal and written
- Basic computer literacy preferred but not required
Essential Function / Job Duties:
- Moving controls, devices, and levers to drive forklifts; transfer materials, unloading, processing, loading and storage areas.
- Move outgoing product using hand truck, forklift or other material handling equipment, in accordance with all safety policies, to loading dock.
- Receive, sort and place incoming product in appropriate warehouse location.
- Document and record any customer returns as required.
- Record amounts of material shipped or received in Victory computer system.
- Mark materials and product with Victory inventory codes.
- Notify Supervisor, General Manager or Office Manager of any product, safety or customer concerns.
- Assist with general counting of inventory.
- Open all containers, crates or bales as required to sort and maintain stock.
- Organize warehouse for cleanliness and safety at all times.
- Sweep, mop and perform other routine maintenance.
- Maintain all safety standards, including wearing protective clothing and eyewear as required.
- Maintain all quality indicators for operations by verifying product quantity/quality before delivery.
- Keep warehouse accessible and safe for branch staff and visitors.
- Coordinate of last minute or unscheduled deliveries will be necessary.
- Additional Functions/Job Duties:
- Assist in Production
- Other duties as assigned
- Perform job duties in severe weather conditions: heat, cold, rain, etc.
- Walk for distances of 100 yards repeatedly and without assistance
- Lift 75 pounds repeatedly and without assistance or equipment
- Utilize all material handling equipment without assistance
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities