Hicksville, New York
a month ago
Folder Operator, 1st shift
Folder Operator, 1st shift
325 Duffy Ave
Hicksville, New York, 11801
Multi Packaging Solutions a WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
MPS Hicksville, NY
Folder Operator - Hicksville, NY
The Hicksville Facility is seeking a Folder Operator on the 1st Shift (Monday-Friday, 6:45am-2:45pm) to set-up and maintain insert folding equipment.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Locates flatstock to make ready for folding inserts and outserts.
- Performs all required preventative machine maintenance (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Performs all make readies and minor adjustments to produce inserts.
- Operates insert folding equipment as needed.
- Adheres to 6S, SOP’s and work instructions.
- Makes trays and shippers as needed.
- Adheres to quality standards.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- High school diploma or G.E.D).
- Two to three years of related experience and/or training preferred.
- Must be able to read a ruler
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must have the ability to read and write complex instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must have strong mathematical skills.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to learn quickly and adapt to change.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.